At Ethara, we recognise the importance in lowering the environmental impacts of our activities effectively. We are continually strengthening our commitment to environmental stewardship and climate change, integrating best practices in sustainability across our operations, elevating our stakeholder engagement, and delivering positive and meaningful impact to our local communities and shared natural environments.
Our sustainability commitments are currently aligned to the UAE Vision 2031 and the National Climate Change Plan of the United Arab Emirates 2017-2050, published by the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCAE). As an operator of venues and organiser of events, we are pleased to have been awarded the highest level of Environmental Accreditation by the official global governing body of motorsport; the Fédération Internationale d’Automobile (FIA), in 2021.
Ethara is motivated to seek opportunities that contribute to a more sustainable future for all. This policy outlines our commitments to environment and sustainability at a corporate level, applicable across our entire operations and venue assets.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY GOVERNANCE IS GUIDED BY OUR 5 C’S APPROACH:
- Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements, maintaining our commitment to being an aware and accountable motorsports and events leader.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to seek and encourage the application of sustainable and environmental best practices, supporting innovative ideas across our supply chain and leading by example wherever possible.
- Communicate effectively and openly with our employees, partners, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders across key sustainability and environmental issues through appropriate channels, platforms, and our policies and procedures where applicable.
- Create a culture where sustainability and environmental stewardship is an integral part of everyday decision-making processes across our business, and by extension everyone’s working life.
- Continuous improvement through annual performance reviews on our objectives and targets, stakeholder feedback, and our business growth and development.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL & CLIMATE COMMITMENTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Promote resource efficiency by minimizing waste generation, water consumption, and energy usage.
- Encourage recycling and reuse of materials, products, and temporary assets across our venues.
- Implement energy-saving technologies and switch to renewable energy sources where feasible.
- Establish specific targets to reduce our carbon footprint and regularly monitor progress towards achieving those targets.
- Explore possible opportunities to decarbonise our operations and invest in carbon offset projects where we encounter unavoidable emissions.
- Support the protection and conservation of natural biodiversity and local natural environments in and around our events venues.
- Encourage efficient, low-carbon transport and transport routes for our stakeholders.
OUR SOCIAL COMMITMENTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Promote environmental awareness and provide training to employees to foster a culture of sustainability.
- Encourage employees to contribute ideas and actively participate in environmental initiatives.
- Recognize and reward environmentally responsible behaviour and achievements.
- Engage with our stakeholders, including customers, shareholders, and wider communities, to understand their concerns and expectations regarding environmental and social performance.
- Communicate transparently on our environmental and sustainability performances and initiatives.
- Actively seek feedback from stakeholders and integrate their input into our environmental and sustainable events management practices.
- Contribute to local community initiatives that help promote environmental and sustainability awareness, encourage active participation, support, and build skills within our communities.
OUR SUSTAINABLE PROCUREMENT COMMITMENTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Engage our suppliers to adopt environmental and socially responsible practices.
- Prioritize suppliers who share our commitment to sustainability and provide environmentally friendly products and services.
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to improve the environmental performance of our supply chain.
OUR PRODUCT & SERVICE INNOVATION COMMITMENTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Integrate sustainability considerations into our product and service development processes.
- Strive to offer sustainable products and services that minimize environmental impacts throughout their lifecycle.
- Educate our customers about the environmental benefits of our products and services, promoting sustainable choices and alternatives as much as possible.
This policy shall be reviewed and updated, if necessary, annually, or as and when required to reflect advancements in our environmental practices and stakeholder expectations applicable across our business and operations.